ThirtyTwo | 32 Random Confessions
In honor of my 32nd birthday, I'm releasing a series called "ThirtyTwo." In the first part, I'll share 32 random confessions. Enjoy them below:
1. I'm obsessed with anything related to Queen Elizabeth II and British monarchy. My most recent indulgence of this obsession was the Netflix series, "The Crown."
2. Most people wouldn't believe it but I'm a social introvert. The anticipation of getting around large crowds of people terrifies me but once I'm in it, I do just fine. However, it is rather exhausting.
3. I've been seeing a therapist for over a year now and it has been one of the best investments I've ever made in myself.
4. I've accidentally become a collector of foreign currencies but I think I want to make it a thing now. It's a perfect excuse to travel.
5. I have to read about 4-5 books at a time otherwise none of them would keep my attention.
6. I connect with people based on their vibes and not really much else...which is why I am attracted to an eclectic group of people. If your vibe changes with me, so does our relationship with each other.
7. I'm so attuned to my intuition, it still frightens me but I know that it's God-given.
8. I've had two encounters with angels throughout my life.
9. I can draw really well. I just don't.
10. I'm getting one of my tattoos removed. The other two have to remain because I got one as a sister tattoo and the other as a cousin tattoo.
11. I mostly post on Facebook so I can go back at some later time and get inspired...or entertained...not necessarily for the likes.
12. My ultimate social media goal is to give it up. All of it.
13. It embarrasses me to reread what I journal.
14. I hate when there are two different hand-writings or colors of ink on the same piece of paper. So I dread filling out contact sheets.
15. I'm a huge day-dreamer.
16. Twice have my actual sleeping dreams come true in real life.
17. I started doing yoga about 9 years ago and I still consider myself a beginner. HA!
18. I haven't eaten red meat or pork in over 10 years and now I'm considering giving up chicken but do not tell my family.
19. I have an album of photos in my phone strictly of my nieces and nephews. I take screenshots when my sisters, brothers and cousins post their kids or send me the photos directly and save them to the album. I visit the album whenever I'm having a bad day and need a pick-me-up.
20. I believe in the power of tithing.
21. None of my exes hate me.
22. I consider myself a liberal Christian. I mostly practice Christianity but have also adopted practices from Islam, Buddhism, and the Baha'i faith.
23. A few of my friends and family members are my muses but they don't know it.
24. I read The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho at least once a year. At this point, I've read it at least 10 times since I first read it. I learn something new every single time I read it.
25. It's really hard for me to let go of a pair of shoes. I feel like it's so personal.
26. I have only one true celebrity crush and that's Hugh Jackman.
27. I am TERRIFIED of giving birth, and can't even watch birthing videos. I damn near passed out when one of my nephews was being born, but I'd like 3 children of my own.
28. Ice cream and warm brownies is my favorite dessert and the way to my heart.
29. I'm a girl's girl. I love everything there is about being a woman. I love being around women, learning from them, admiring them up close and from afar, observing them, everything! I'm so glad I was born a woman.
30. I wholeheartedly believe in astrology and the stars and that there are other beings in the Universe.
31. I love apples and can eat them every day.
32. My parents saved my life and although my relationship with my sister has changed over the years, she is still my best friend.